Experienced Attorneys Whistleblower Attorneys
Outten & Golden’s Whistleblower & Retaliation Practice Group consists of experienced whistleblower attorneys working to help whistleblowers expose fraud and to protect whistleblower employees from retaliation.
We counsel and represent employees who have reported or are considering reporting fraud, misconduct, or other violations of law to their employers, regulators, or the government, and are concerned about retaliation.
Whistleblowing in the Public and Private Interest
There are many federal and state laws that incentivize whistleblowers to report fraud, and related laws that protect whistleblowers from retaliation. Governments at all levels pass new laws each year to incentivize and protect people who speak out against wrongdoing. These laws protect employees in a variety of industries, including:
- Healthcare Industry workers, who raise concerns about patient safety, billing fraud, illegal kickbacks, or other violations of law that affect patients or providers.
- Financial Services Industry employees who work in banking, hedge funds, private equity, or other investment or securities industry positions.
- Construction companies that provide services for state and federal government contracts.
- Public Company employees who raise concerns about bank fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, other criminal violations, and other misconduct that affects shareholders.
- Employees who work in accounting or finance who identify underpayments of taxes or tax fraud.
- Defense industry employees, in both the public and private sector, who identify mismanagement of federal contracts or grants , waste of federal funds, or other violations of law.
- Employees in California, New York , Washington D.C., or in any of the other states with strong whistleblower protection laws.
There are no “magic words” that you need to use to be entitled to protection under whistleblower laws, but there are complex rules that govern whistleblower claims, and you do need to raise concerns about protected conduct to be eligible.
Outten & Golden Whistleblower Attorneys Have Experience With Both Whistleblower Reward and Whistleblower Retaliation Cases
Attorneys at Outten & Golden have represented whistleblowers in False Claims Act whistleblower reward cases, have successfully negotiated and litigated whistleblower retaliation cases, and have advocated on behalf of all whistleblowers in high-profile cases across the country. An experienced whistleblower attorney at Outten & Golden will be able to help you understand your rights. Contact us to speak to one of our attorneys today.
(*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.)