At Outten & Golden, we take great pride in protecting and promoting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer individuals’ workplace rights and in serving LGBTQ communities in all areas of employment law.
As an LGBTQ-friendly firm, our lawyers understand that an employee’s LGBTQ identity – as self-identified or perceived by others – can affect all aspects of the employment relationship, often in subtle ways. Whether we are negotiating an employment contract, litigating or negotiating a discrimination claim, or simply giving employment-related advice, we are mindful of these experiences.
Our law firm is dedicated to fighting all forms of discrimination against LGBTQ employees. Our lawyers – some of whom are leaders in education and advocacy work concerning LGBTQ rights and are themselves members of LGBTQ communities – have successfully negotiated, mediated, and litigated discrimination matters involving:
- Gender identity and gender expression discrimination
- Sexual orientation discrimination
- Retaliation for asserting protected LGBTQ rights
- Sex stereotyping
- Family, medical, and other leaves of absence
- HIV/AIDS status discrimination
- Executive compensation negotiations
- Severance negotiations
- Partnership matters
- Class actions and impact litigation
- General employment-related problem-solving.
(*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.)