Dignity: It is inherent in our being to be valued—one should never take that from another.”
TAMMY MARZIGLIANO is a partner at Outten & Golden LLP in New York, where she represents employees in litigation and negotiation in all areas of employment law, including matters involving compensation (and bonus) disputes, contractual violations, and whistleblower and individual discrimination claims. Ms. Marzigliano is the Co-Chair of both Outten & Golden’s Financial Services Practice Group and its Whistleblower and Retaliation Practice Group. She is also a member of Outten & Golden’s Executive and Professionals Practice Group and former Co-Chair of its Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Practice Group. She has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in 2018, and Super Lawyers New York Metro edition for 2013-2017.
Ms. Marzigliano is an experienced litigator and has represented clients in arbitration matters before FINRA and the American Arbitration Association (AAA), as well as in federal and state courts concerning employment and general commercial litigation disputes. Most recently, Ms. Marzigliano was a member of the trial team, together with Larry Moy and Wayne Outten, in a complex, international arbitration where the Panel issued an award exceeding $70 million.Ms. Marzigliano received her B.A. from Hofstra University and her J.D., magna cum laude, from Quinnipiac University Law School, where she served as the Public Relations Editor of the Quinnipiac Health Law Journal.
- 3,2,1 iRelaunch: Episode 9: Understanding Your Rights: Interviewing and Working as a Relauncher, Released Oct 27, 2017
- The Connector: Outten & Golden LLP partner Tammy Marzigliano is featured in this issue (p. 28).
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Marzigliano is admitted to the state and federal bars of New York and Connecticut.
Ms. Marzigliano is active in several bar associations. She served as the Chair on the Employment Rights Executive Board of the Employment and Labor Relations Law Committee of the American Association for Justice (AAJ). She is also a member of the Employment and Labor Relations Committee of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association (ABA), the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and its New York affiliate, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, and the New York County Lawyers' Association.
Ms. Marzigliano is a frequent panelist on employment law matters and regularly collaborates with non-profit women's advocacy organizations on the educational programs about sexual harassment and other employment rights issues in the workplace. She has worked as an advocate, educator, and lecturer with organizations such as Dress for Success, Step Up, the National Organization for Women, the National Association for Professional Women, the Children's Aid Society, the South Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation (SOBRO), the Association of Legal Administrators, the City Bar Community Outreach Project, and the National Conference on the Primary Prevention of Men Against Violence Against Women on issues relating to women’s rights in the workplace.
Ms. Marzigliano has also extensively lectured on the retaliation provisions of the Dodd-Frank Reform and Consumer Protection Act and has been a guest on the Employment Law Channel and Lawline TV.
- Speaker: "Understanding the Complexities of On-Ramping and Off-Ramping in Financial Services," Council of Urban Professionals and the Robert Toigo Foundation Alumni Association, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Representing the Executive Whistleblower," NELA, 2016 Annual Convention, Los Angeles, CA
- Speaker: "Leveraging Your Value: Negotiationg Compensation and Severance Packages," WIN Summit, New York, NY
- Panelist: "How the Recession had Impacted the Area of Employment Law," Employment Law Channel, Webcast
- Speaker: "BNA Insight Video Presentation," Bloomberg BNA, Webcast
- Panelist: "NO TITLE," National Employment Lawyers Association, New York Affiliate, Conference, New York, NY
- Presenter: "You Say Hello... and I Say Goodbye," Right Management, Presentation
- Speaker: "Sexual Harassment and Gender Discrimination in the Workplace," New York Women in Film and Television (NYWIFT), New York, NY
- Speaker: "Teen Harassment Presentation," New York City Bar Association, New York, NY
- Panelist: "Take a side Talk-back series," Golden Theatre, Oleanna (Play), New York, NY
- Speaker: "Primary Prevention of Men's Violence Against Women," Men Can Stop Rape, Inc., Washington, DC
- Speaker: "Know Your Rights: Workplace Sexual Harassment," Dress For Sucess, New York, NY
Publications & Articles
Ms. Marzigliano has been a guest writer for Forbes where she published "The Top Ten Reasons to Hire a Lawyer to Review Your Severance Agreement" and "How to Get Your Bonus After You've Been Laid Off." Ms. Marzigliano's other publications include "Advocacy & Counsel for the SEC Whistleblower: A Primer for Employment Lawyers," “The Dodd-Frank Act’s Whistleblowers Provisions: The Act’s Best Hope for Exposing Financial Wrongdoing,” and "Advising a Whistleblower after Dodd-Frank." Ms. Marzigliano has published articles on other various employment related matters in the BNA Daily Labor Report, BNA Workplace Law Report, AAA Employment Rights Newsletter, NELA Newsletter and Employment Law Strategist ALM.
Awards & Recognition
Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers, 2018
Best Lawyers, 2018-2019
Super Lawyers, 2013-2018
New York Metro Super Lawyers Top Women, 2013 - 2017