Dignity: It is inherent in our being to be valued—one should never take that from another.”
TAMMY MARZIGLIANO is a partner at Outten & Golden LLP in New York, where she represents employees in litigation and negotiation in all areas of employment law, including matters involving compensation (and bonus) disputes, contractual violations, and whistleblower and individual discrimination claims. Ms. Marzigliano is the Co-Chair of both Outten & Golden’s Financial Services Practice Group and its Whistleblower and Retaliation Practice Group. She is also a member of Outten & Golden’s Executive and Professionals Practice Group and former Co-Chair of its Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Practice Group. She has also been recognized by Best Lawyers 2018-2022, and Super Lawyers New York Metro edition for 2013-2021.
Ms. Marzigliano is an experienced litigator and has represented clients in arbitration matters before FINRA and the American Arbitration Association (AAA), as well as in federal and state courts concerning employment and general commercial litigation disputes. Most recently, Ms. Marzigliano was a member of the trial team, together with Larry Moy and Wayne Outten, in a complex, international arbitration where the Panel issued an award exceeding $70 million. Ms. Marzigliano received her B.A. from Hofstra University and her J.D., magna cum laude, from Quinnipiac University Law School, where she served as the Public Relations Editor of the Quinnipiac Health Law Journal.
- 3,2,1 iRelaunch: Episode 9: Understanding Your Rights: Interviewing and Working as a Relauncher, Released Oct 27, 2017
NetWorkWise Presents: Conversations with Connors: Tammy Marzigliano: The Most Important Lawyer You Didn’t Know You Needed, Released Sep 18, 2018
- The Connector: Outten & Golden LLP partner Tammy Marzigliano is featured in this issue (p. 28).
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Marzigliano is admitted to practice law only in New York and Connecticut.
Ms. Marzigliano is active in several bar associations. She served as the Chair on the Employment Rights Executive Board of the Employment and Labor Relations Law Committee of the American Association for Justice (AAJ). She is also a member of the Employment and Labor Relations Committee of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association (ABA), the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and its New York affiliate, and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Ms. Marzigliano is a frequent panelist on employment law matters and regularly collaborates with non-profit women's advocacy organizations on the educational programs about sexual harassment and other employment rights issues in the workplace. She has worked as an advocate, educator, and lecturer with organizations such as Dress for Success, Step Up, the National Organization for Women, the National Association for Professional Women, the Children's Aid Society, the South Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation (SOBRO), the Association of Legal Administrators, the City Bar Community Outreach Project, and the National Conference on the Primary Prevention of Men Against Violence Against Women on issues relating to women’s rights in the workplace.
Ms. Marzigliano has also extensively lectured on the retaliation provisions of the Dodd-Frank Reform and Consumer Protection Act and has been a guest on the Employment Law Channel and Lawline TV.
- Panelist: "Retaliation and Whistleblower Claims," Practising Law Institute, Understanding Employment Law 2019, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Understanding the Complexities of On-Ramping and Off-Ramping in Financial Services," Council of Urban Professionals and the Robert Toigo Foundation Alumni Association, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Representing the Executive Whistleblower," NELA, 2016 Annual Convention, Los Angeles, CA
- Speaker: "Leveraging Your Value: Negotiationg Compensation and Severance Packages," WIN Summit, New York, NY
- Speaker: "BNA Insight Video Presentation," Bloomberg BNA, Webcast
- Panelist: "How the Recession had Impacted the Area of Employment Law," Employment Law Channel, Webcast
- Panelist: "NO TITLE," National Employment Lawyers Association, New York Affiliate, Conference, New York, NY
- Presenter: "You Say Hello... and I Say Goodbye," Right Management, Presentation
- Speaker: "Sexual Harassment and Gender Discrimination in the Workplace," New York Women in Film and Television (NYWIFT), New York, NY
- Speaker: "Teen Harassment Presentation," New York City Bar Association, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Primary Prevention of Men's Violence Against Women," Men Can Stop Rape, Inc., Washington, DC
- Speaker: "Know Your Rights: Workplace Sexual Harassment," Dress For Sucess, New York, NY
- Panelist: "Take a side Talk-back series," Golden Theatre, Oleanna (Play), New York, NY
Publications & Articles
Outten & Golden LLP, By Tammy Marzigliano, Pawanpreet Dhaliwal, and Brittany Arnold
COVID-19 has devastated countless individuals and businesses, both economically and personally. Local, state, and federal agencies have hastily...
In an unfortunate decision for New Yorkers concerned about COVID-19 in the workplace, a federal judge recently ruled that the state’s whistleblower...
The COVID-19 crisis has shed light on the many everyday heroes that have helped patients, neighbors, and communities survive the coronavirus. In the...
Workplace safety is more critical than ever in the coronavirus era. As states and cities across the country have ordered the closure and now reopening...
In 2010, Congress responded to years of turmoil in the financial services industry by enacting the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer...
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to sweep the country, many patients infected with COVID-19 will need emergency medical care. Hospitals are...
As the novel coronavirus spreads throughout the U.S., New York and many other states and cities have ordered non-essential businesses to close...
As patients pour into hospitals and healthcare facilities during the COVID-19 emergency, health insurance coverage becomes more important than ever...
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act released $2 trillion into the economy in an effort to help stabilize families and...
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers, 2018-2022
Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers 2019-2020
Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers, 2018-2020
Legal 500 United States Recommended Labor and Employment Lawyer 2019-2020
Super Lawyers, 2013-2021
New York Metro Super Lawyers Women, 2013-2017, 2019