Determination: We are determined to provide excellent advice and service to our clients, backed by knowledge, reason and compassion.”
KATHERINE BLOSTEIN is Counsel at Outten & Golden LLP in New York and a member of its Executives & Professionals Practice Group. She represents employees in public and private companies in negotiation of employment, severance, non-competition, expatriate, and international assignment agreements. She also represents teams of employees, founders and partners in employment related situations during a sale, merger and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Ms. Blostein represents employees in various industries, including financial services (on the buy and sell side), entertainment, advertising, media, technology, fashion, and consumer goods and services. She also represents attorneys, accounting professionals, doctors and other medical practitioners in employment related matters. Ms. Blostein is also a member of the Firm’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer (LGBTQ) Workplace Rights Practice Group.
Ms. Blostein is a member of ABA’s Section of Labor & Employment Law, where she is an active member of the Employment Rights & Responsibilities and International Labor and Employment Law Committees. She is also a member of NELA/NY and NYSBA. Ms. Blostein and Ms. Wendi S. Lazar co-authored a chapter titled "Executive Employment Agreements" published in the Executive & Director Compensation Reference Guide (BNA) and an article, “Executive Pay: Skydiving with a New Parachute,” published by BNA. Ms. Blostein is Associate Editor (2015 Cumulative Supplement), assisted in the research and writing of a major treatise on international restrictive covenants, titled “Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets in Employment Law: An International Survey" published by BNA. She was also a contributor to “Negotiating and Drafting Expatriate Employment Agreements” published in International Labor & Employment Law, 3rd Edition, Vol. 1B by BNA.
Ms. Blostein graduated from New York Law School where she was a member of the Executive Board of the Law Review, a John Marshall Harlan Scholar, and an affiliate of the Center for International Law. She earned her B.A. from Brandeis University.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Blostein is admitted to practice law only in New York.
Member, New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA/NY)
Member, American Bar Association (ABA) (Section of Labor & Employment Law, Contracts & Executive Compensation Subcommittee of Employment Rights & Responsibilities Committee (ERR))
- Speaker: "Employment law perspective of data protection GDPR and privacy shield," ELA, Fifth Transatlantic Conference: Programme, London, England
- Speaker: "Minimum Wage, Overtime, Pay Equity, and Discussion of Wages," New York City Bar, Recent Developments in New York Employment Law, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Does the Work Day Ever End? How Employers, Unions and Employees are Grappling with Email, Social Media, BYOD and On-Call Responsibilities Around the Clock and Around the Globe," ABA, Section of Labor & Employment Law, International Labor and Employment Law Committee, Midyear Meeting, Barcelona, Spain
- Moderator: "Basic Employment Law Issues in Central & South America," ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law, Employment Rights and Responsibilities Committee, Midwinter Meeting, Naples, FL
- Speaker: "But I’m Special: Industry-Specific Executive Compensation and Contract Issues," American Bar Association, Section of Labor & Employment Law, International Labor & Employment Law Committee, Midyear Meeting, Rome, Italy
- Lecturer: "Ensuring Real “Win-Win” Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions," American Bar Association, Annual Meeting, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Lecturer: "Digging Into the Pot of Gold – Executive Compensation Cutbacks and Take-Aways," American Bar Association, ERR Midwinter Meeting, Coronado, CA
Publications & Articles
This Sunday, May 7, the world will be watching France to see if the wave of populism that led to Brexit and the election of President Donald Trump...
Co-Written by Outten & Golden LLP Law Clerk Amy Biegelsen and Marketing Assistant Danielle TravaliIn movies like "Silver Linings Playbook," Oscar...
Reuters Legal News and Westlaw, By Wendi S. Lazar & Katherine Blostein, July 21, 2021
Reuters Legal News and Westlaw, By Wendi S. Lazar & Katherine Blostein, July 14, 2021
Wendi S. Lazar and Katherine Blostein 2010 Contributor, treatise, published by BNA
Wendi S. Lazar, Pension & Benefits Daily, published by Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. (BNA), 2009, with Co-Author, Katherine Blostein.
Wendi S. Lazar, Co-Editor In-Chief, Katherine Blostein, Associate Editor Bureau of National Affairs, Inc., 2015.
Piper Hoffman and Katherine (Olshansky) Blostein, The Employee Advocate, Spring/Summer 2006
in International Labor & Employment Laws, Third Edition, Vol. 1B, ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, published by BNA Books (2009) — Wendi S...
On behalf of the New York State Bar Association, Wendi Lazar, Partner and co-chair of the Outten & Golden Executives and Professionals Practice Group...
Awards & Recognition
Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers 2018-2021
Super Lawyers NY Metro Rising Star 2014-2021
Super Lawyers NY Women's Rising Star: 2019
John Marshall Harlan Scholar, New York Law School