Collective Justice: Equality in the workplace means justice for ALL workers.”
NANTIYA RUAN is Counsel at Outten & Golden LLP, where she primarily represents employees in class discrimination and wage and hour cases. Ruan works from her Denver office, where she is also the Hartje and Reese Chair of Lawyering Process at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Prior to joining O&G in 2000, Ruan was a judicial clerk for Magistrate Judge Ronald L. Ellis in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. She has also clerked in the state appellate courts. From 2003 to 2004, Ruan was an associate at Goldstein, Demchak, Baller, Borgen & Dardarian in Oakland, California, a plaintiffs' firm representing workers in national civil rights litigations.
In 2004, Ruan joined the faculty at Denver Law where she teaches legal writing and advanced workplace law course. Her scholarship explores the intersection of workers rights, complex litigation, and poverty law. She also writes on experiential learning with clients and teaching public interest to law students.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Ruan is admitted to practice law only in Colorado, New York, and California.
- Moderator: "Criminal Record Discrimination and Ban the Box Initiatives," National CLE Conference—Labor & Employment, Vail, CO
- Speaker: "Employment Discrimination: The Very Latest on What You Need to Know," Law Education Institute, National CLE Conference, Vail, CO
- Speaker: "Whistleblower Claims— Strategies for Plaintiff and Defense Counsel," Law Education Institute, National CLE Conference, Vail, CO
- Speaker: "Latest on Class Actions: An Update," Law Education Institute, National CLE Conference, Vail, CO
- Lecturer: "Silencing Wage Theft: The Impact of Class Waivers in Arbitration Agreements on Low-Wage Workers," Law & Society Association, Annual Meeting
- Co-Lecturer: "Who’s Afraid of the Big Wage Suit," Washington University Law School & St. Louis University Law School, Fifth Annual Colloquium on Current Scholarship in Labor & Employment Law, St. Louis, MO
- Lecturer: "RIFs: Overview and Update," Law Education Institute, 27th Annual National CLE Conference, Vail, CO