Equality: Every employee is entitled to equal treatment, equal respect, and equal opportunity.”
Gregory S. Chiarello
GREGORY S. CHIARELLO is a partner at Outten & Golden LLP in New York, where he is Co-chair of his firm’s Family Responsibilities & Disabilities Discrimination Practice Group. He also is a member of the Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Practice Group, and frequently writes and speaks on a number of related issues, including the intersection of the #metoo movement with employment law.
Mr. Chiarello represents employees in litigation and negotiation in a variety of employment matters, including discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims; fair pay and equal pay claims; breach of employment and other contracts; and noncompete and other restrictive covenant issues. While Mr. Chiarello’s background is as a litigator, he frequently counsels employees on a variety of legal and non-legal issues. His practice also includes providing in-depth preparation for employees facing internal and external investigations.
Mr. Chiarello received his B.A. with highest honors from Rutgers University in 2001, and his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 2006, where he was a Carswell Merit Scholar. Although he now represents employees exclusively, Mr. Chiarello began his legal career representing indigent criminal defendants on appeal as a staff attorney at the Office of the Appellate Defender, arguing more than 20 appeals in the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, First Department.
- Outten & Golden LLP attorney Gregory S. Chiarello speaking about workplace gender and sex discrimination on WBAI radio program City Watch.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Mr. Chiarello is admitted to practice law only in New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Chiarello is admitted to the following federal courts: The United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York; and Northern District of New York; and the District of New Jersey.
Co-chair, Labor Relations and Employment Law section of the New York County Lawyers Association (NYCLA)
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and its New York Affiliate (NELA/NY)
Member, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Panelist: "Stuttering and Employment Law Webinar: We Stutter at Work: Career Success for People Who Stutter," National Stuttering Association, If you Stutter, You are not Alone, Webinar
- Panelist: "Navigating ADR Through the #MeToo Movement and the Legislative Response," New York State Bar Association Annual Conference
- Panelist: "Listening to #MeToo: Why Laws to Prevent Sexual Harassment Have Been Ineffective, and What Attorneys Can do About It," New York State Bar Association Annual Conference, Presidential Summit
- Panelist: "Sports, Drugs and Rock & Roll: The Evolving Landscape of Drugs and Scandals in Sports and Entertainment," presented by the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Panelist: "Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: The Aftermath of the Weinstein Affair," presented by the Labor & Employment Relations Association of NYC, New York, NY
- Moderator: "Transgender Legal Issues CLE Program," NYCLA Labor Relations and Employment Law and Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Issues Committees, Transgender Employee Rights, Online Video
- Panelist: "How to Handle an Employment Discrimination Case CLE program," New York County Lawyers Association, Online video
Publications & Articles
Awards & Recognition
Super Lawyers Rising Star: 2017-2019