Daniel S. Stromberg
DANIEL S. STROMBERG is eDiscovery Counsel at Outten & Golden LLP. He is head of O&G’s eDiscovery Practice Area, where he advises clients and case teams on discovery strategies, best practices, protocols and technologies, and oversees discovery collections, managed review, and productions. Mr. Stromberg frequently speaks on eDiscovery issues from a plaintiff’s perspective, and teaches electronic discovery at the University of Virginia.
Mr. Stromberg negotiates eDiscovery agreements and helps manage discovery strategy and processes in cases in all areas of employment law, including wage and hour and discrimination class actions. His practice particularly focuses on the use of technology to effectively advocate for sufficient and defensible discovery. Before joining Outten & Golden LLP, Mr. Stromberg worked as Director of Discovery Technology at a boutique discovery firm, and as a Senior E-Discovery Consultant with a leading eDiscovery technology provider.
Mr. Stromberg earned his B.A., cum laude, from the University of Rochester and his J.D. from The George Washington University Law School. He is admitted to practice in Virginia and the District of Columbia, and is a member of The Sedona Conference Working Group for Electronic Document Retention and Production.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Mr. Stromberg is admitted to practice law only in Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Member, The Sedona Conference Working Group for Electronic Document Retention and Production
- Speaker: "So-Called ‘Discovery on Discovery’," Complex Litigation eDiscovery Forum, Minneapolis, MN
- Speaker: "David v. Goliath: Successfully Negotiating E-Discovery Parameters in Assymetrical Litigation," Georgetown Law CLE & Exterro, edTalks, (Webcast)
- Panelist: "Nuts and Bolts: Negotiating for the ESI You Need," NELA/NY, Spring 2018 Conference, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Working Productively With The Other Side To Get What You Need," NELA, ESI & Technology For The Plaintiffs’ Employment Lawyer, Vienna, VA
- Speaker: "Discovery on Discovery: Both Sides of the V," Georgetown Law, Advanced eDiscovery Institute, Washington, DC
- Speaker: "From Buzzword to Process: Advancing Cooperation to Improve Discovery," Georgetown Law, Advanced eDiscovery Institute, Washington, DC