Working Together: Our work is to make sure you get paid for yours.”
Molly A. Brooks
MOLLY A. BROOKS is a partner at Outten & Golden LLP in New York. She represents employees in class action wage and hour and discrimination cases. She has extensive experience litigating in federal and state courts as well as before arbitration panels.
Ms. Brooks is the Employee Chair and Editor of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Newsletter. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Committee and is an active member of the National Employment Lawyers Association. Ms. Brooks speaks regularly on wage and hour topics.
Ms. Brooks received her B.A. from Grinnell College and her J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Brooks is admitted to practice in New York, Massachusetts, the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
Member, New York State Bar Association (Labor & Employment Committee)
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
Member, NELA New York Affiliate (NELA/NY)
Member, American Bar Association
- Speaker: "Strategies and Pitfalls in Litigating FLSA Cases," American Bar Association, Webinar
- Panelist: "Roundtable discussion: Post-Cheeks Wage & Hour Settlements," Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal, New York, NY
- Speaker: "The Latest on Arbitration Agreements and Class Waivers," Practising Law Institute, Wage & Hour Litigation and Compliance seminar, Webinar
- Panelist: "Who’s the Boss? An Examination of Joint Employer Standards Under the NLRA, Title VII, FLSA and Other Statutes," New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Annual Meeting, New York, NY
- Speaker: ""Defenses Du Jour," Protecting Pay, Representing Workers with Wage & Hour Claims," NELA, Spring Seminar, Washington, DC
Awards & Recognition
2018 Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers
The Legal 500 United States 2017 "Next Generation Lawyers" list