Represent Doctors & Medical Professionals In All Employment-Related Matters
In the medical field, employment relationship presents unique considerations and risks. From compensation structures to non-compete obligations and insurance needs, there are complex issues that doctors, physicians, and medical professionals must carefully consider before accepting employment with a hospital or other facility or provider.
The Medical Employment Practice Group at Outten & Golden represents medical professionals in all employment-related legal matters. This includes dispute resolutions and contract negotiations. From your first employment contract to acquisitions or other transitions of your medical practice, we encourage you to contact us for a confidential consultation.
We represent doctors in many situations, including:
- Employment Contracts - We help you carefully review the contract and negotiate any unfair terms.
- Contractual Disputes – We help our clients manage any disputes on a broad range of issues.
- Compensation Disputes – Non-contractual compensation disputes include beingunderpaid in violation of equal pay laws, not receiving the benefits to which you are entitled, and other compensation-related issues.
- Whistleblowing – If you have information that your employer is violating laws or regulations, our team can advise you of your rights and help guide you through the process.
- Confidentiality & Non-Competition Agreements – Non-competition and confidentiality agreements can severely restrict doctors’ options when pursuing post-employment opportunities. Many employers overreach, which can prove problematic.
- Harassment and Discrimination Claims – We represent physicians in claims involving harassment and discrimination.
- Severance and Wrongful Termination – We have significant experience helping doctors seek compensation, reinstatement, and other available legal or equitable remedies.
If you have any questions about your rights as an employee of a hospital or other medical facility or provider? The Medical Practice Group at Outten & Golden is available to confidentially discuss your concerns.