RELIC SUN is an associate at Outten & Golden LLP in San Francisco, where she represents employees and individuals in class actions asserting race, gender, and alienage-based discrimination, wage and hour, and other claims. Prior to joining the firm in 2015, she clerked for the Honorable Lisa Margaret Smith, United States Magistrate Judge of the Southern District of New York. Ms. Sun received her B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), and her J.D., cum laude, from the New York University (NYU) School of Law, where she was a Root-Tilden-Kern Public Interest Scholar.
During law school Ms. Sun worked on human rights and environmental justice advocacy and litigation through internships at Human Rights in China, Earthjustice, and the Natural Resources Defense Council. She also served as Senior Executive Editor of the NYU Journal of International Law and Politics and participated in the Government Civil Litigation Clinic (SDNY) and the Environmental Law Clinic.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Sun is admitted to practice law only in New York and California.
Ms. Sun is admitted to the following federal courts: The United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, the Northern District of California; and the Central District of California.
Co-chair of the Issues Committee of the Asian American Bar Association of New York, 2015
Member, California Employment Lawyers Association
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association
- Speaker: "Ethics Regarding Plaintiff Outreach," Ethics Regarding Plaintiff Outreach, American Association for Justice Annual Convention
- Speaker: "Pre-Certification Discovery and E-Discovery," Impact Fund Class Action Training Institute
- Speaker: "Using Experts," Impact Fund Class Action Training Institute
- Panelist: "Litigating the Resistance: Getting Paid to Fight for Social Justice," Stanford ACS
- Panelist: "Careers in Employment Law and Labor Law," Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law
- Panelist: "Class Actions 101," Impact Fund Class Action Conference