NINA MARTINEZ is an associate at Outten & Golden LLP, and a member of the firm’s Class Action Practice Group. Prior to joining the firm in 2017, Ms. Martinez served as a Skadden Fellow at the New York Legal Assistance Group where she developed the Employment Mediation Project. Ms. Martinez received her B.A. from the University of Florida in 2010, an M.S. in Elementary Education from Hunter College in 2012, and her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law in 2015. During law school, Ms. Martinez worked as a law clerk with the office of the General Counsel at the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Regional Solicitor of the U.S. Department of Labor, and the employment department of the nonprofit organization Make the Road New York.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Martinez is admitted to practice law only in New York.
Ms. Martinez is admitted to the following federal courts: The United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, the Western District of New York; and the Eastern District of New York.
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association’s New York affiliate (NELA/NY) and is a member of the Gender Discrimination Committee.
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Member, New York State Bar Association and current Diversity Fellow in the Labor and Employment Section
- Adjunct Prof: Mediation Clinic at CUNY LAW from August-December 2016
- Panelist: "Perspectives on Best Practices in Mediation Advocacy," New York State Bar Association/American Arbitration Association, Inaugural Mediation Tournament
- Panelist: "Careers in Public Interest," Latinx Law Students Association, 23rd Annual Conference: Poder Latino
- Panelist: "Understanding the Basic of Representing Federal Pro Se Employment Discrimination Plaintiffs for the Limited Purpose of Settlement," New York City Bar Association, NY CLE, New York, NY
- Moderator: "Managing Risk and Creating Safe Workplaces," New York State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section Fall Meeting, Montreal, Canada
- Panelist: "Labor, Employment, and the Latinx Community," 22nd Annual National Latino/a Law Student Association (NLLSA) Conference, Latinx Unidos: Power through Justice, New York, NY
- Speaker, Trainer: "Mediation Advocacy Best Practices," Eastern District of New York Mediation Advocacy Program, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Court to Court: Limited Scope Pro Bono Representation of Pro Se Litigants," Federal Judicial Center Video Series
- Panelist: "Practice before the New York City Human Rights Commission," NELA/NY, Spring 2018 Conference, New York, NY
- Speaker, Trainer: "Mediation Advocacy Training," Eastern District of New York Mediation Advocacy Program, New York, NY
- Speaker: "Requesting Accommodations in the Workplace," Can Do Multiple Sclerosis National, Webinar