Deirdre A. Aaron
DEIRDRE A. AARON is a partner at Outten & Golden LLP in New York, and a member of the firm’s Class Action Practice Group and the Family Responsibilities & Disability Discrimination Practice Group.
She primarily litigates wage theft and discrimination class actions. Ms. Aaron has litigated and settled nationwide class and collective action cases on behalf of workers in many industries, including bank workers, retail workers, and restaurant workers. She has represented workers who were denied overtime, misclassified as independent contractors rather than employees, and denied minimum wage. Ms. Aaron was also a member of the litigation team in Gonzalez v. Pritzker, a landmark class action against the Census Bureau that challenged the use of arrest and criminal history records as a screen for employment for 850,000 applicants. In 2016, the parties reached a settlement requiring the Census Bureau to reform its hiring practices for the 2020 decennial census and creating a Records Assistance Project for class members housed at the Cornell University ILR School.
Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Ms. Aaron worked as a Staff Attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Ms. Aaron received her B.A. from Northwestern University in 2004, and her J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from Washington University in St. Louis in 2010.
Bar Admissions & Professional Activities
Ms. Aaron is admitted to practice law only in New York and Pennsylvania.
Ms. Aaron is admitted to the following federal courts: The United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, the Western District of New York; and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association/New York (NELA/NY)
Member, National Employment Lawyers Association/Eastern Pennsylvania (NELA-EPA)
Member, American Bar Association, Section of Labor & Employment Law
- Speaker: "Advanced Arbitration in a Post-Epic World," American Bar Association, Section of Labor & Employment, 2019 National Conference on EEO, Coral Gables, FL
- Panelist: "Class Action Simplicity Under Challenge," New York State Bar Association, Corporate Counsel and Dispute Resolution 2019 Annual Meeting, New York, NY
- Panelist: "Best Practices in Settling Wage-Hour Disputes," New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada
- Panelist: "Wage & Hour Litigation & Management," Bridgeport Continuing Education, Miami, FL
- Speaker: "Hybrid FLSA/NYLL Class Actions," April CLE: Low-Wage Worker Task Force, New York, NY
Publications & Articles
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers Ones to Watch: 2021
Super Lawyers NY Metro Rising Star: 2016-2020
Super Lawyers NY Women's Rising Stars: 2019
Trial Lawyer of the Year Award, Public Justice, Gonzalez v. Pritzker, 2017