Diversity is a cornerstone of our firm
As advocates for workplace fairness and civil rights, Outten & Golden’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity begins within our own workforce, and extends to our service to the legal profession, based on a set of core principles:
- We are dedicated to cultivating an organization that is as diverse as the communities in which we work and live, and as diverse as the clients we serve.
- We are dedicated to fostering a collaborative workplace that respects, values, and supports each individual at every level of the firm, and enables everyone to succeed and realize his or her full potential.
- We are dedicated to recruiting, retaining, and promoting individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- We are dedicated to ensuring the firm’s leadership includes attorneys and staff of varying backgrounds, idea, experiences, and perspectives.
- We are dedicated to supporting the participation and involvement of our attorneys and staff in professional, social, community, and charitable organizations that encourage and promote diversity and inclusiveness.
- We are dedicated to making the employment bar and the entire legal profession models for diversity, inclusiveness, and acceptance.
Diversity in Action at Outten & Golden
We appreciate that everyone at Outten & Golden offers unique strengths, talents, and competencies, and that by respecting and honoring each individual we can work together as a cohesive team to provide our clients with the best possible service and legal representation. Through recruitment and advancement, mentoring, training and education, and ongoing communication, we aim to help all of the attorneys and staff develop their skills, achieve their goals, and strengthen internal relationships.
Outten & Golden is proud of the female attorneys, attorneys of color, and LGBT attorneys currently among our leadership ranks and those who will lead the firm in the future.
Our Diversity Committee identifies challenges and opportunities, and implements programs and initiatives consistent with our core principles.
Promoting Diversity in Our Communities
Outside the firm, Outten & Golden is committed to seeking diversity and inclusion in the legal profession, both locally and nationally.
Our attorneys and staff frequently write and speak on diversity-related topics, and are actively engaged in organizations such as:
- AF3IRM/Gabriela Network for Immigrant and Women’s Rights
- American Bar Association – Commission on Women
- American Bar Association - Committee on Equal Employment Opportunity
- Chicago Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Human Rights Watch – Women’s Right Division
- LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York
- National LGBT Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association - Committee on Civil Rights Under Law
- New York City Bar Association - Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights
- Workplace Fairness.
As a Commissioner on the ABA’s Commission on Women, Outten & Golden partner Wendi Lazar fought for a revision of the Model Rules of Professional Conduct that would make it an ethical violation for attorneys to harass or discriminate in the course of their practices, a campaign that culminated in a vote to approve the amendment by the ABA’s House of Delegates in August 2016.
Supporting diverse communities is a critical component of who we are as a firm. For more information regarding our pro bono efforts, please visit the Commitment to Public Interest section of our website.
An Undying Commitment
Within the firm and out, the lawyers and staff at Outten & Golden seek to foster understanding, acceptance, and inclusiveness of the racial, gender, sexual orientation, religious, and economic differences that define and enhance our society. To learn more about our efforts, please contact a member of our Diversity Committee:
Diversity, inclusiveness, and equity are fundamental to our work at Outten & Golden LLP. As advocates for workplace fairness, we believe in diversity and inclusiveness in all employment and within our own workforce. Thus, our Diversity Committee is dedicated to promoting and fostering diversity and inclusion in every aspect of the firm. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond internal intiatives; we support increased diversity in the legal profession and in particular in expanding the participation of attorneys of color in the labor and employment bar.
The following attorneys are members of the Outten & Golden LLP Diversity Committee: