Senior Financial Analyst
- New York Office
This position will be responsible for monthly analysis and forecasting. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with the preparation of the monthly/quarterly financial reporting packages and annual budget. The individual will support management planning and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating information and recommending actions. The position will require the ability to mine and analyze various sources of data, consolidate the results, and deliver them to different departments across the firm on a regular and ad-hoc basis. This function is part of the analytical engine of the firm to provide business insights, determine trends/metrics and support firm-wide decision making. The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, be a strategic thinker and have the ability to coordinate activities and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizing Orion financial system to obtain data and organize the information and build reports to facilitate effective analysis;
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, compensation, expenses by functional area, capital expenditures and cash flow forecasting;
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance;
- Take a lead role in the continued development and maintenance of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Financial Reporting, and Modeling tools;
- Assist in the implementation and continual enhancement of Modeling and Forecasting tools;
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives;
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Identify and resolving issues.
- Forecast annual expenses on a monthly basis.
- Quarterly and Monthly financial reports
- Making recommendations to streamline workflow and process within the organization. Utilizing new technologies to automate tasks and reporting.
- Documenting procedures, methodologies, and sources of information employed while performing analytical tasks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be hands-on, detail oriented and able to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Problem solver with ability to successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Demonstrates excellent judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with large volumes of data.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Four to six years of relevant experience in a Finance Department, including budgeting/forecasting, financial modeling, financial systems, internal financial reporting, and business operations support, preferably in the legal or professional services industry, preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Excellent communication skills; strategic thinker with an emphasis on innovation.
- Confidence, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management, functions and geographies
- Advanced MS Excel is required.
- Experience or familiarity with Orion is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Eligible for yearly salary review and year-end bonus.