Senior Billing Administrator
- New York Office
Outten & Golden LLP is accepting applications for a Senior Billing Administrator in our New York office. O&G is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity among its lawyers and staff. The individual will report to the Director of Finance.
Outten & Golden LLP is an employee-side employment law firm that focuses on representing employees, executives and partners. From representing senior executives in contract negotiations to combating worker exploitation and systemic discrimination in individual, class action or impact litigation, O&G is a recognized leader in the field of employment law. The firm advises and counsels individuals on employment agreements, compensation arrangements, and severance plans; and it represents employees in all substantive areas of law, including discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, disability, or age, and including retaliation and whistleblower claims. The firm currently has 70+ attorneys and nine practice groups covering a wide range of issues.
The firm utilizes Windows 7, Office 365, Internet Explorer and Chrome. Law firm specific packages include FileSite (iManage) for document management, Time Matters for contact management and Orion for billing and accounting.
The firm is looking for an individual with strong attention to detail, excellent written and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant, professional telephone manner. The individual must be well organized, be able to work in a collaborative environment, and be able to multi-task and prioritize. The individual must have Intermediate Accounts Receivable, Law Firm Billing, MS Excel and MS Word skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily hands on supervision of billing and cash functions;
- Timely preparation and processing of monthly pre-bills and statements;
- Preparation and review of retainer letters;
- Open new client matters; respond to billing related questions and client inquiries in a timely and professional manner;
- Prepare and maintain contingency spreadsheets and fee applications; review settlement paperwork; monitor collection of accounts;
- Write up and/or create new billing procedures to streamline daily flow of work;
- Oversee accounts receivables; prepare and update various status reports; meet with attorneys to review outstanding accounts;
- Work on special projects and reports as required by Attorneys and Director of Finance
Salary commensurate with experience. Eligible for yearly salary review and year-end bonus.
Medical insurance, dental insurance, health club, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, and eTrac are available to all full-time employees.