- San Francisco Office
Outten & Golden LLP has an opening for a Legal Secretary in our growing San Francisco office. He or she will report to the Director of Administration in New York. O&G is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity among its lawyers and staff.
Outten & Golden LLP is an employee-side employment law firm that focuses on representing employees, executives and partners. From representing senior executives in contract negotiations to combating worker exploitation and systemic discrimination in individual, class action or impact litigation, O&G is a recognized leader in the field of employment law. The firm advises and counsels individuals on employment agreements, compensation arrangements, and severance plans; and it represents employees in all substantive areas of law, including discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, disability, or age, and including retaliation and whistleblower claims. The firm currently has 60+ attorneys and nine practice groups covering a wide range of issues. Please browse our website at www.outtengolden.com.
The firm is looking for an individual with excellent organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. The individual must be able to work independently, while understanding the critical importance of team work. The individual must be proficient in MS Office, and familiarity with legal systems (filing and retrieving legal pleadings online, for example) in particular is a plus.
The individual will assist attorneys in the San Francisco office under the direction of the San Francisco Office Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Administration in New York. Flexibility in the daily work schedule around the lunch period may be necessary. Occasional overtime may be required during periods of heavy workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professionalism – Enhance firm efficiency and reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; contributing to the success of the office and the firm.
- Organization – Organize data, documents, schedules, and other details to assist the attorneys in providing excellent service to clients.
- Information flow – Produce information by transcribing, inputting, formatting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Document generation and digestion – Conserve attorneys’ time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports, and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Calendar – Calendar litigation and other deadlines. Maintain attorney calendar, including scheduling attorney conferences within the office; schedule travel arrangements; monitor and remind attorneys re: deadlines, community events, CLEs, etc.
- Data management – Create and manage spreadsheets tracking client documents and contact information. Maintain data regarding professional contacts, attorney time entry, mailing lists, etc. using PCLaw and Time Matters. Be adept at searching Outlook, generating mass mailings, and generating reports from those programs.
- Document management – Organize and maintain case files, including scanning and saving documents into and retrieving documents from FileSite (iManage).
- Research – Conduct basic legal and internet research on various subjects, companies, and people using CourtLink, PACER, Bloomberg, and Westlaw
- Attorney support – Ensure that attorney memberships in bar associations are current.
- Communication – Complete intake forms for prospective clients. Welcome guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries. Communicate with court personnel, including judges and clerks, in addition to co-counsel, opposing counsel, and other attorneys and professionals.
- Scheduling – Schedule couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and others.
- Client service – Maintain client confidence by keeping attorney-client information privileged.
The firm utilizes Windows 10, MS Office 365, Internet Explorer and Chrome. Law firm specific packages include FileSite (iManage) for document management, Time Matters for contact management and Orion for billing and accounting.
Depending on experience. Eligible for yearly salary review and year-end holiday bonus.
Excellent benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401K plan, and eTrac commuter benefit, which are available to all full-time employees.