- New York Office
Outten & Golden LLP has an opening for a Legal Secretary in our NY office. O&G is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity among its lawyers and staff. The individual will report to the Director of Administration.
Outten & Golden LLP is an employee-side employment law firm that focuses on representing employees, executives and partners. From representing senior executives in contract negotiations to combating worker exploitation and systemic discrimination in individual, class action or impact litigation, O&G is a recognized leader in the field of employment law. The firm advises and counsels individuals on employment agreements, compensation arrangements, and severance plans; and it represents employees in all substantive areas of law, including discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, disability, or age, and including retaliation and whistleblower claims. The firm currently has 50+ attorneys and nine practice groups covering a wide range of issues. Please browse our website at www.outtengolden.com.
The firm utilizes Windows 7, Office 2010, Internet Explorer and Chrome. Law firm specific packages include FileSite (iManage) for document management, Time Matters for contact management and PCLaw Pro for billing and accounting.
The firm is looking for an individual with good written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant, professional telephone manner. The individual must be well organized and be able to work independently, while understanding the importance of team work. The individual must have general computer knowledge of the Windows XP environment and be proficient in MSWord2010 and MSExcel2010.
The individual will be asked to work 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., 9:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. or 10:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. and will report to the Director of Administration. Flexibility in the daily work schedule around the lunch period may be necessary. Occasional overtime may be required during periods of heavy workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist attorneys with contacting clients and opposing counsel to coordinate conferences and conference calls
- Maintain attorney calendar, including scheduling attorney conferences within the office; scheduling travel arrangements for attorneys that attend conferences outside of the office – registration, air, and hotel arrangements, send reminders to attorneys re: bar association events, CLE’s, and events on attorneys’ calendars
- Creating and managing spreadsheets tracking client documents and contact information
- Maintenance of mailing lists / Mass mailings
- Data entry – time sheet and disbursement information
- Report generation using PCLaw and Time Matters
- Organizing and maintaining case files including scanning and saving of documents into FileSite (iManage)
- Photocopying / Faxing / Filing – both onsite and offsite storage
- Conducting basic legal and internet research on various subjects, companies, and people
- Make sure that attorney memberships are current and attorneys are active in bar associations
- Typing – input / revision of correspondence and legal documents
- Phone support & occasional support for office receptionist
- Support to other staff members as needed
Depending on experience. Eligible for yearly salary review and year-end holiday bonus.
Medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability insurance, 401K plan, and eTrac are available to all full-time employees.